Wednesday 27 May 2009

Well, I certainly am working through the going to the cinema part of my challenge... I went to see Star trek about 10 days ago - absolutely great and (rather unexpectedly) quite funny in places. I would definitely like to see this again! :-)

I got a preview ticket to go see "Anything for Her" (also known as "Poue elle") last night. Its fair to say it wasn't quite what I expected but I was pleasantly surprised by it. The premise of the film is the husband (played by Vincent Lindon) trying to get his wife freed from prison. The wife (played by Diane Kruger) has been wrongfully convicted for murder and with legal means to get her out of jail exhausted, her husband hatches plans to break her out of jail. The storyline is a bit far-fetched, especially the husbands change from an ordinary person to one contemplating breaking the law to rescue a loved one but the emotional portrayal of the story is very involving and you wind up hoping for things to work out for them.

Hmmmmm whats next?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your enjoying the films then. Also looks like you are making good progress on other things. take it your enjoying the challenge then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about "Pour Elle" but other than that it sounds as though you had a nice relaxing time

    ReplyDelete